I jumped onboard Tonya’s Health and Wealth Challenge over at Budget and the Beach. The rules of her challenge are:
- Exercise for at least 10 minutes 5x/week
- Create one new healthy habit
- Find a new way to make or save money.
When I jumped into the challenge, I didn’t really have a plan. I was committed to working out because that is what I do this time of year. What I needed was the push to hustle. I am a horrible hustler.
Without a plan, here is how I did!
1. Exercise for at least 10 minutes 5x/week. WIN!
4 proper gym workouts
- 3 weight lifting days
- 1 yoga workout (I strongly discourage wearing a watch during yoga. Holy uncomfortable! Oh the things I do to get a baseline calorie burn!)
2 improper? workouts
On two of the days I didn’t make it to the gym, I went for a brisk walk at work. Both walks were approximately 25 minutes.
2. Create a new healthy habit FAIL?
Oops! I didn’t read the challenge carefully. I didn’t see this one until drafting this. I’ll pick two for next week.
- Sold 4 boxes to Half Price Books = $13
- Found $40 at home. I figured it would do more good on my loans.
- Put 3 books up on Amazon. 1 sold. After Amazon fees, I netted a cool $3.50
- I ventured into the world of Swagbucks. I’m saving for $25 paypal cash, but I have enough equal to about $7.50. Not too bad for idle time over the last week. If you are interested in joining Swagbucks, click here for my referral code.
- I got 4 tickets to see the hot new art exhibit in town. The tickets were free through my work. 4 x $16 = $64
- There was a silent auction at work and I spent $42 to win a $50 Target gift card. Now I must spend my gift card wisely. Savings: $8.
New Money Total: $64 Saving Money Total: $72 Total: $136
Hey hey! Not too bad! My two biggest savings should be one-offs. I won’t have access to anymore free tickets for a month or two and my house isn’t filled with cash. Bummer 😉
Goals for next week:
- No pop.
- 1 min plank every day.
- Lower my internet bill.
Cheers to a healthy and wealthy new week!
Did you join the challenge? Do you have any after work side hustle ideas?